Thursday, June 28, 2018

One Reason

The world is a cruel place.
This is fact. This is the cold hard truth.
No question about it.
And we all know it to be true.

But, Everything we love and care for exists within this world.
Obviously, As always I was procrastinating and that procrastination eventually turned to pondering.

I came to the most cliche conclusion ever.
That we may have a thousand, ten thousand maybe even a million metaphorical reasons to give up on this cruel world.

I know because That's where I was.

I chose to cut off the rest of the world from what was my own little space. It wasn't necessarily a happy place, Well, not most of the time, but it was mine.
I gave zero fucks to what happened outside of that space and shot anyone who tried to get in. anyone who survived, was shot at again.

The plan was to go take a few risks trying to make it big. If it worked out, great I'd be a grumpy old man living in a big house by himself. And if it didn't all work out, I'd just be a grumpy old man living in a not so big house by himself.

My point is, I haven't been able to imagine  having or even wanting anyone to be part of what I imagine my future would look like. I figured I was destined to remain the lone wolf. And I'd come to accept that.

Didn't think I wanted more.

Then one day, everything changed.

Suddenly  I'm not so grumpy anymore. Everything seems to have more meaning than before.

And now I see what I hope to be a possible future, this time not alone. Atleast, I hope not.

These may be cliche lines and may sound corny. But here's the thing.

I nearly gave up on everything and everyone. I felt like I had no purpose and no reason to try and do anything or make something of myself.

Then I met, who is the love of my life and realized that I just need one, one single reason to get out of bed every day and be grateful that i didn't slip away into the next life in my sleep.

One reason is all you need to keep moving, and as long as you keep moving  you'll get somewhere.

Today, you are that reason to me. I hope that one day  I get to be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment