Monday, October 17, 2011

Kryptonite


Living in the shadow of a man is hard enough.
But what do you do when you've been living in the shadow of the man YOU used to be?

What do you do when you realize everything you are now can never be as good as what you once used to be?

Well I've tried everything. And right now I feel like I've been to the deepest pits of hell and back.

I thought I'd make it.
I figured all I had to do was believe I was Superman.
I've been looking for my yellow sun for half my time on this earth. And every time I think I've found it, Every time I think the source of my strength lies in front of me, it turns out so be an illusion, like a mirage in the middle of the desert.

And its happened again. Only this time. I did find something. I Held on to it as best i could only to realize that it wasn't my Yellow sun. It was, in fact.
Kryptonite.
The only thing that could defeat me.
The only thing in the universe, I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment