Monday, July 29, 2024

Blank Pages

 I've been fascinated by the moon and the stars for as long as I can remember. looking up at the night sky, wondering if we're truly alone in the universe. existential crises. all of that. you know...

I'm sorry that I've given you reasons to doubt. I've reverted to being a work in progress for now. and I'll get there. I'll make you proud one day. 

If I had to come up with ways to describe how I feel about you. And, reasons why I'm sure it would work, there'd be a thousand things I'd want to say. And a thousand more I'd think of while doing just that. But I'm going to try and keep it simple, in order to not overwhelm you. 

I've waited over a decade to learn what you mean to me, I'd wait a decade, a lifetime more for it to all come true. And given the slightest hint of a chance, I'd make you mine in a Heartbeat, even if it were my last.

Here's the thing. over the past few years, there hasn't been a day where I haven't thought of you. Not one. Over a decade's worth of moments, memories, hopes and dreams have all brought me back to one singular truth. 

Whether the last time we'd spoken was earlier that day or a couple of years prior. It's always felt effortless. With a steady flow, less like a river and more like a glacier. Slow, purposeful and powerful enough to carve through any obstacle in it's path. 

You are my Centre. That's the simplest way I can put it. I don't think that I can express myself in words as eloquently as I once did. And normally that would be concerning. Except, with you, I know that I've got nothing to worry about. 

You've read me like an open book. Even when the pages were still blank and the chapter hadn't been written yet. 

I keep going, just like that glacier, fuelled by thoughts of you, falling into a fantasy, just the way I want to be, waiting on a hope, every second of every day of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment